Trying to reduce your cholesterol?…Can’t have eggs?..or just curious with Tofu?! Whatever the reason..give this Tofu Scramble a try!
Tofu is made from soy beans in a very similar process to cheese.
It’s dairy free, meat-free, gluten-free and an excellent source of amino acids, iron and calcium.
- 396g Tofu (I used Cauldron Original Tofu: 396g found in most supermarkets!)
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
- 1 & 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- Pinch white pepper
- Generous pinch of salt
- 3 garlics
- 1 shallot/ 1/2 onion
- Open tofu package, drain water. Crumble tofu with your fingers into a huge bowl.
- Get kitchen tissue and squeeze out extra water (you want it to have as less water as poss!)
- In a bowl, mix together turmeric, white pepper, salt & pour seasoning over tofu and mix well.
- Heat coconut oil over fire in a pan. Add garlic and onion and cook till translucent.
- Add tofu and heat for 2-4 mins or until tofu is hot.
- Once it’s cooked, serve with your favourite sides or whole-grain toast. And enjoy!!
- Delete Comment
Thanks for visiting!