Yes…baked chicken, tofu, fish or pulses are great, but let’s face it…sometimes the side dishes are JUST as good, if not better!
Here is a healthy side dish that is an easy crowd pleaser and even more easier to make. The recipe above is also known as ‘Hasselback potatoes’.
All thats done to achieve this ‘effect’ is simply cutting the potato from top to bottom, every centimetre. Though it may look like a regular baked potato, these hasslebacks have that crispy edge (reminiscent of chips/french fries) and that soft middle (resembling creamy mashed potatoes).
All you need is:
- 750g of Tesco Cypriot New Potatoes
- 1/4 Cup of Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Handful of mixed herbs (coriander, parsley, dill etc) OR 2 frozen herb blocks (detailed in my “how to store produce so it lasts longer” post)
- Cashew cream (1 Cup cashews, 3/4 Cup water, 1/2 juiced lemon, pinch of salt and 1 garlic).
- Wash and dry the potatoes.
- Get a wooden spoon and align new potato side by side with wooden spoon.
- Turn spoon and potato horizontally and begin to cut from top to bottom (The wooden spoon is to stop you from cutting all the way down).
- Brush the potatoes with herbed oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45 minutes on medium heat, until the potatoes are crispy on the edges.
- Whilst potatoes are cooking, make cashew cream and blend cashews, water, lemon juice, salt and garlic
- Get potatoes out of oven
- Put cashew cream in plastic sandwich bag, snipping a tiny bit of the edge
- Pipe the cashew cream as detailed in the picture above.
- Serve immediately, these potatoes are best straight from the oven. Enjoy!
Thank you for visiting!
This recipe was sponsored by Tesco, UK, but all the opinions are my own 🙂