Forget the ready-made cake mix! This homemade completely from scratch strawberry cupcakes recipe is a classic done right and delicious! You’ll love these cupcakes for their beautiful colour, light and spongey texture and blend of flavours.
Making vegan cupcakes is super easy! But how do you replace standard non-vegan ingredients you ask? A lot of people still think vegan baking is extremely complicated but it really isn’t!
- Instead of eggs…use flax seeds, a couple of tablespoons of apple sauce and some apple vinegar
- Instead of cow’s milk…use a plant based milk like soy milk or almond milk
- Instead of butter… use vegan butter, extra virgin olive oil or even an avocado.
With that being said, the cupcakes today contain no butter, eggs or sugar and use spelt flour for a healthy guilt-free treat. Spelt flour is a grain in the wheat family but it is not wheat. Spelt does contain gluten, so people with gluten allergies or celiac disease need to be aware.
Spelt is a nutritious whole grain flour, rich in vitamins and minerals such as magnesium, calcium, selenium, iron, manganese, zinc, vitamin E and B-complex vitamins. It is high in protein and lower in calories than wheat flour and also easier to digest than wheat. If you find that wheat upsets your stomach, that you are allergic to wheat or you just want to avoid wheat or cut down on gluten, spelt may be a good choice for you.
These muffins make a tasty dessert. The recipe includes a hint of vanilla extract and fresh strawberries. The great thing about strawberries is that they add an additional health kick. Not only are these berries tasty, but they are good for you. They are high in antioxidants which help fight off toxins. Strawberries are full of nutrients including potassium, fibre, and vitamin C.
So grab your mixing bowl, a whisk, a cute apron and try making these healthy and delicious cupcakes!
- Strawberry Cupcakes
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh diced strawberries
- refrigerated tinned coconut milk
- vanilla extra
- Refrigerate full fat coconut mil over night
- Mix all cake ingredient content in a bowl
- Place in cupcake cases place in oven for 30 mins
- Take cupcakes out of the oven
- Let them cool for 1 hour
- Place hardened coconut milk in a piping bag
- Pipe on cake
Thanks for visiting,