Short on time for breakfast?
Why not save time and money and make these nutrition packed Plantain Breakfast bars!
Plantain Breakfast Bars
- 2 cups oats
- 2 ripe plantains
- 1/2 Cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 Cup almonds
- 1/2 Cup sunflower seeds
- Dash of Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup honey.. or any other sweetener
- 5 sliced dates
- Melted dark chocolate on top (optional)
- Mash plantains, honey and vanilla
- Grind oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds (just pulse it so the seeds and oats are still visible- you don’t want it to be a fine consistency!)
- Add food processor mix to the plantain purée.
- Add sliced dates
- Mix mixture and place into a rectangle pan.
- Bake on medium for 20 mins
- Cut up into squares and wrap ready to take out each morning!
- How do you avoid skipping breakfast?
Thanks for visiting!