Today’s recipe features a certain type of flour which is rarely used in the West.. but particularly used in the East..Chickpea flour
It is literally ground up dried chickpeas.
It’s a flour which is beginning to be widely used in gluten free cooking.
Chickpea flour is very high in protein.. 1 Cup delivers a whopping 20g protein! 1 Cup also delivers 9.9g fibre!
- All you need for this recipe is:
- 1 cup milk
- 1 banana
- 1 cup chickpea (garbanzo bean/Besan) flour
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tsp coconut oil for frying
- In your blender, process together the chickpea flour, milk, banana, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Blend well until no clumps remain.
- Heat the pan and add some coconut oil
- Pour on all of the batter. Cook for about 2-3 minutes on one side, then flip and cook on the other side.
- Serve with date sauce or maple syrup, add fruit and enjoy!!