Whether you are vegan, lactose intolerant or want to change things up a bit, plant based milks are great alternatives.
They’re growing on supermarket shelves and are very easy to make. You can use it in a multitude of recipes also. From cereals..to puddings..or adding it to your hot drinks.
For a delicious, creamy, homemade almond milk, all you need is: Almonds, dates and water. That simple! Find the exact measurements below!
- 1.5 Cups Almonds
- 3 Cups Water
- 2 Dates (pitted)
- Soak almonds overnight (this plumps them up and makes them easier to blend).
- Discard of soaked water & rinse almonds.
- Place almonds into blender & Pour in 3 cups clean water.
- Blend on high.
- Strain milk using a clean tea towel or even a clean t-shirt (Just something to trap the pulp- you can save the pulp for smoothies or baked goods).
- Pour milk into air tight bottle (preferably glass) & milk should store for 3~days.